A Better Learning Experience
Prepare to Become a Food Manager
Certified Food Protection Managers must know how to safely manage food service operations and supervise employees who handle food. This training course covers advanced safety topics for food managers and prepares you for your certification exam.
This course is completely online and includes a study guide and a practice test modeled after the exam. The training does not include the certification exam, which you must pass to become a certified food manager. Check with your state or local health department for more information.
What's Included in Recertification Training
The most popular option if your area or employer only requires a demonstration of knowledge.
8 Hours (Start and Stop as Needed)
750/1000 to Pass
- Identify food safety risks and create policies to address them
- Train employees to follow food safety policies
- Take appropriate action when an employee has symptoms of foodborne illness or is diagnosed with a reportable disease
- Follow good personal hygiene and hand care practices
- Identify approved suppliers and methods for inspecting deliveries
- Identify cross-contamination risks and methods for prevention
- Implement effective cleaning and sanitizing procedures
- Identify appropriate pest prevention measures and signs of pest infestations
- Prevent bacterial growth in Time/Temperature Control for Safety (TCS) foods during all stages of the flow of food
- Maintain facilities and equipment in compliance with regulations
|Exam Content Description||Percent of Exam|
|Preventing Food Contamination||35%|
|Food Worker Health and Hygiene||23%|
|Equipment and Utensils||15%|
|Regulatory Compliance and Records||8%|
How To Get Certified
- Select a course that includes the StateFoodSafety Food Protection Manager Certification Exam.
- Select an exam session with a proctor. You can do this during the registration process or any time after.
- Purchase course and finish registration process.
- Prepare for the exam with the StateFoodSafety Food Safety Manager Training and Course Assessment.
- Take the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam at your scheduled proctored session. Don't forget your photo ID! *
- Print your Food Safety Manager Certificate from your account at statefoodsafety.com ** This certificate is good for 5 year(s).
The exam is closed book. You will be responsible for adhering to the Examinee Code of Ethics and all rules explained by the proctor.
*Must be a valid government-issued photo ID.
**Must pass the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam to receive a certificate.
Prepare for the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam with the following:
- Food Safety Manager Training
- Food Safety Manager Practice Test
- 1-2 Years of Food Service Experience
- FDA Food Code 2017
- Guidance for Industry: Retail Food Stores and Food Service Establishments: Food Security Preventive Measures Guidance
- Avoiding Cross-Contact
- Proper Thermometer Placement
- Voluntary Guidelines for Managing Food Allergies in Schools and Early Care and Education Programs
- Pest Management Guidelines for Retail Food Handling Facilities and Restaurants
Wisconsin Food Safety Training for Small Operators Recertification FAQs
Do I need this training course and recertification test?
This training only qualifies for recertification. If you need initial certification, see Food Protection Manager Certification Exam.
How do I become a Certified Food Protection Manager?
How long is this course?
How long is my certificate good for?
How long can I access the course?
In most areas, you can reprint your required Food Manager Certificate by logging in to your account.
- Find the Certificates window on your dashboard.
- Locate the digital version of your certificate and click View Certificate.
- Select Print or Email.
Note: In some areas, you get your official Food Manager Certificate from the local health department. If you have lost the card you received from your state, county, or local health department, you will need to call that health department to obtain a new card, permit, or certificate.
Empower Employees Through Food Safety Training A physical hazard is any item in food that can choke, gag, or injure a customer. Food workers need to know when to remove naturally occurring physical hazards during food preparation. They also need to know how to prevent other physical hazards from contaminating food. Learning Objectives You may […]
Empower Employees Through Food Safety Training Equipment can contaminate food if it’s not kept clean, sanitized, and in good repair. Teach your employees how to use equipment correctly and keep it in good condition to prevent foodborne illness. Learning Objectives You may choose to read these learning objectives with your employees as a part of […]
Empower Employees Through Food Safety Training Some food, known as Time/temperature Control for Safety (TCS) food, is more susceptible to bacterial growth. To keep TCS food safe, you must actively control their temperature. Learning Objectives You may choose to read these learning objectives with your employees as a part of the stand-up training. After this […]