Idaho Alcohol Certification

This course is recommended for anyone serving alcohol.
  • Course Length: 150 minutes (Start and stop as needed)
  • Test Attempts: 2
  • Passing Grade: 70%
  • Format: Online
  • Compatible Devices: Computer, tablet, and smartphone (Android, iOS)
  • Available Languages: English, Español
    Choose your language after purchase.
Learn More

Special Instructions

Idaho does not evaluate or approve training programs


Who can benefit from Idaho Alcohol Certification?

If you sell or serve alcohol, you need to know and abide by federal, state and local alcohol laws. State and local governments often require sellers and servers to complete a minimum level of alcohol certification training.

Responsible alcohol service training is recommended for any employee involved in alcohol sales or service, including:

  • Servers
  • Waiters
  • Bartenders
  • Convenience store cashiers
  • Liquor store employees
  • Bouncers
  • Hospitality employees
  • Caterers
  • And other alcohol workers

Check with your employer or local government for additional information specific to your job responsibilities as an alcohol employee.

Who is responsible for alcohol service regulations?

Alcohol sales are closely regulated by federal and state governments. The Uniform Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984 established 21 as the minimum drinking age in the United States. The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau enforces federal alcohol laws.

But most alcohol laws are enacted on the state level. State alcohol regulations involve multiple agencies with specific mandates and the power to enforce them. Local laws may add even more restrictions on where, when, how and to whom alcohol may be sold.

That’s why alcohol service training is so important. You’ll learn how to serve responsibly and follow proper procedures for checking ID and refusing service to intoxicated customers. Our programs also help you understand key alcohol laws and regulations that protect you and your employer from liability.

What is the difference between on-premises and off-premises alcohol service training?

Off-premises or on-premises refers to where the customer will consume the alcohol. Alcohol training can be designed for on-premises sales, off-premises sales or both.

On-premises establishments include restaurants, bars, nightclubs and other venues in which patrons will consume alcoholic beverages on-site. Training courses for employees of these establishments are commonly known as on-premise training or alcohol server training.

Off-premises establishments include convenience stores, liquor stores, grocery stores or other locations where customers purchase alcohol that cannot be legally consumed on-site. Training programs for these establishments are often called off-premise training or alcohol seller training.

What do I get when I finish Idaho alcohol training?

Once you finish all course material and pass the test, you can immediately print your Idaho Alcohol Certification certificate of completion.

How long do I have access to Idaho Alcohol Certification?

Once you purchase the course, you have full access to all course materials for one year. That means you can rewatch lesson videos, refresh your knowledge and reprint your certificate at any time for 12 full months.

How can I print a new copy of my Idaho Alcohol Certification certificate of completion?

If you need to print a new copy of your certificate, log in and go to the Certificates section. You will be able to click View and print your certificate as many times as needed.

How long is my Idaho alcohol training certificate valid?

Your Idaho alcohol certification will be valid for two years.

How do I renew my Idaho alcohol training certificate?

To renew your certificate before it expires, you must purchase and retake the Idaho Alcohol Certification course and test.