StateFoodSafety.com is pleased to provide this food handlers online course for Maricopa County, Arizona. This course has been approved by the Maricopa County Health Department and is valid statewide. This course is ANSI accredited.
In accordance with ANSI food handler training program accreditation (ASTM e2659-2015), StateFoodSafety.com wants to communicate the following information:
Certificate purpose, scope, and intended learning outcomes:
Purpose: The purpose of the Food Handler Training program is to prepare food handlers to enter the workforce by providing the required food safety information as specified by regulations of the workers’ state or local government.
Scope: This program will prepare the learner to become a responsible food handler. A “food handler” is generally understood to be a food worker in a non-managerial role.
Learning Objectives: By the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
• Describe how food can make people sick after being contaminated by physical, chemical, or biological hazards.
• Appreciate that the behavior of food workers directly affects the safety of food.
• Keep hands and body clean to prevent contaminating food and food contact surfaces.
• Use appropriate barriers to prevent bare hand contact with food.
• Identify which symptoms require staying home from work or reporting an illness or symptom to the manager.
• Identify the appropriate time and temperature requirements for keeping food safe during specific stages in the flow of food.
• Describe how to keep the workplace and equipment clean.