A Better Learning Experience
Everything You Need to Get Certified
This Food Manager Certification Exam and training bundle provides a convenient, all-in-one solution for food manager certification. Your training and exam can be completed 100% online. In-person exam testing is also available in some locations.
The training course prepares you for the certification exam. It includes additional resources, such as a study guide and certification exam practice test. Earn your certification after passing the Food Manager Certification Exam.
What's Included in Training & Exam
The most popular option if you need food manager training in addition to the certification exam.
8 Hours (Start and Stop as Needed)
Free Practice Test
Prepares You for the Exam
2 Test Attempts
70% to Pass
- Identify food safety risks and create policies to address them
- Train employees to follow food safety policies
- Take appropriate action when an employee has symptoms of foodborne illness or is diagnosed with a reportable disease
- Follow good personal hygiene and hand care practices
- Identify approved suppliers and methods for inspecting deliveries
- Identify cross-contamination risks and methods for prevention
- Implement effective cleaning and sanitizing procedures
- Identify appropriate pest prevention measures and signs of pest infestations
- Prevent bacterial growth in Time/Temperature Control for Safety (TCS) foods during all stages of the flow of food
- Maintain facilities and equipment in compliance with regulations
|Exam Content Description||Percent of Exam|
|Preventing Food Contamination||41%|
|Food Worker Health and Hygiene||20%|
|Equipment and Utensils||15%|
|Regulatory Compliance and Records||8%|
How To Get Certified
- Select a course that includes the StateFoodSafety Food Protection Manager Certification Exam.
- Select an exam session with a proctor. You can do this during the registration process or any time after.
- Purchase course and finish registration process.
- Prepare for the exam with the StateFoodSafety Food Safety Manager Training and Course Assessment.
- Take the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam at your scheduled proctored session. Don't forget your photo ID! *
- Print your Food Safety Manager Certificate from your account at statefoodsafety.com ** This certificate is good for 5 year(s).
The exam is closed book. You will be responsible for adhering to the Examinee Code of Ethics and all rules explained by the proctor.
*Must be a valid government-issued photo ID.
**Must pass the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam to receive a certificate.
Prepare for the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam with the following:
- Food Safety Manager Training
- Food Safety Manager Practice Test
- 1-2 Years of Food Service Experience
- FDA Food Code 2017
- Guidance for Industry: Retail Food Stores and Food Service Establishments: Food Security Preventive Measures Guidance
- Avoiding Cross-Contact
- Proper Thermometer Placement
- Voluntary Guidelines for Managing Food Allergies in Schools and Early Care and Education Programs
- Pest Management Guidelines for Retail Food Handling Facilities and Restaurants
Texas Food Safety Manager Certification Package FAQs
Do I need this training course, practice test, and exam?
The practice test is optional, but is provided for free in this package!
The Texas Food Protection Manager Certification Exam is designed to assess the knowledge of food managers and is required for those who wish to receive their Texas Food Safety Manager Certification. Every establishment in Texas is required to have at least one employee that has shown proficiency of required information through passing an exam accredited by the Texas Department of State Health Services (TXDSHS).
How do I get Texas Certified Food Protection Manager?
How long are my certificates good for?
How long will it take to get certified?
How long can I access the course?
In most areas, you can reprint your required Food Manager Certificate by logging in to your account.
- Find the Certificates window on your dashboard.
- Locate the digital version of your certificate and click View Certificate.
- Select Print or Email.
Note: In some areas, you get your official Food Manager Certificate from the local health department. If you have lost the card you received from your state, county, or local health department, you will need to call that health department to obtain a new card, permit, or certificate.
Empower Employees Through Food Safety Training A physical hazard is any item in food that can choke, gag, or injure a customer. Food workers need to know when to remove naturally occurring physical hazards during food preparation. They also need to know how to prevent other physical hazards from contaminating food. Learning Objectives You may […]
Empower Employees Through Food Safety Training Equipment can contaminate food if it’s not kept clean, sanitized, and in good repair. Teach your employees how to use equipment correctly and keep it in good condition to prevent foodborne illness. Learning Objectives You may choose to read these learning objectives with your employees as a part of […]
Empower Employees Through Food Safety Training Some food, known as Time/temperature Control for Safety (TCS) food, is more susceptible to bacterial growth. To keep TCS food safe, you must actively control their temperature. Learning Objectives You may choose to read these learning objectives with your employees as a part of the stand-up training. After this […]