As an administrator at a convenience store chain, you know the logistical nightmare it can be to keep your food managers’ certifications up to date.
C-stores experience unique challenges when it comes to food safety training. You likely have many locations, some of which are located far from testing centers, corporate offices, and health departments that provide proctoring. Organizing travel for group training and proctoring at a central location can be expensive for the company and time-consuming for you. This is increased with the high employee turnover that some chains experience.
Online proctoring makes training and certifying food safety managers easy and efficient. StateFoodSafety’s online proctoring option eliminates both the hassle of coordinating store schedules and the high cost of travel that comes with group training.
With online proctoring, your managers won’t need to travel to a central training and testing location; they can take the training and exam from a store or at home with a laptop, webcam, and microphone.
What is online proctoring?
Online proctoring is an innovative way to take exams with a laptop, webcam, and microphone. A food manager schedules the exam through StateFoodSafety at a time of their choice. A proctor will be ready for them when they sign on to take the exam.
During the exam, a real-life proctor communicates with the test-taker through video chat. The proctor has the user verify their identity with a photo ID and ensures that they are in a secure testing environment (like a room or office with closed windows and doors). Special software is used to monitor their eye movements with a webcam and watch the student’s computer screen to make sure that only the test window is open.
StateFoodSafety’s online proctoring program is hosted through ProctorU, who provides similar services for colleges and universities. The CFPM exam we provide through them is ANSI accredited.
How online proctoring benefits convenience stores
Online proctoring makes maintaining compliance easier than ever for administrators. The benefits you’ll enjoy include:
- Flexible scheduling — Online proctoring can be scheduled at the convenience of the test-taker between 7 AM and 7 PM CST.
- Get certified anywhere — The exam can be taken anywhere with an internet connection (like in an office or from home).
- Reduced costs — The cost of online proctoring can be significantly less than the cost of travel and other accommodations for group training.
- Training and exam package option — StateFoodSafety offers training and exam packages that can be combined with online proctoring for a completely online experience.
- Reduced test-taking anxiety — Managers can take their test in a familiar environment.
Enterprise food safety training solutions
StateFoodSafety offers enterprise solutions for larger chains. Please contact us for more information about corporate discounts, pricing models (like subscription, per-use, and user-pay), and Learning Management System (LMS) integration. We would love to hear from you!
— Drew Tadd