order to receive a food handler card in the State of Utah, food workers
are required to take and pass an approved food safety course and test.
StateFoodSafety.com offers the highest quality food handler online
training course in accordance with Utah State requirements. With the
ability to begin and complete training and testing at their convenience,
food handlers can obtain their temporary Food Handler Certificate of
Completion and begin working immediately. Within the following
30 days, Utah food handlers will either receive their official Utah Food
Handler Permit in the mail sent from their local health department or
go to their local health
department office to pick up their Utah Food Handler Permit (the Certificate of
Completion has specific instructions for getting an official permit).
note: Duplication or distribution of the exam is strictly prohibited.
Also prohibited during the exam process is any type of communication
with outside sources to receive answers to test questions.
- Establish personal commitment to safe food handling
- Teach how food worker practices contribute to foodborne illness
- Increase good personal hygiene
- Teach how to prevent cross-contamination
- Provide understanding of time and temperature controls
- Teach proper protocol for ill food handlers
- Teach correct cleaning and sanitizing procedures
- Establish food handlers' role in food safety
- Support organization's food safety culture