If you are also seeking National Food Manager Certification, this is the ideal preparatory course for taking a proctored national manager certification exams. Be aware that the practice test associated with this training course is not a substitute for subsequently taking one of the four nationally accredited proctored exams (Prometric, NRSFP, ServSafe, or 360 training).
This 6 hour online StateFoodSafety.com Food Safety Manager training course satisfies the Wedco District Health Department requirement for one manager per shift to receive food safety manager training. The course price includes the WEDCO Health District fees.
Nationwide Online Food Manager Certification Training & Testing
The Conference for Food Protection (CFP) has created the standard that constitutes the nationally recognized Food Protection Manager Certification Program.
Currently, there are three (3) accredited organizations that can legally provide a food manager certification exam: ServSafe (National Restaurant Association), NRFSP (National Registry of Food Safety Professionals), and Prometric.
All three exams are equal in validity and are accepted by every health department in the nation, particularly those in states where there is a mandatory requirement for food manager certification and not a demonstration of knowledge, though a food manager certification does fulfill that requirement.
The State of Kentucky requires a Person in Charge to demonstrate knowledge of safe food practices. To fulfill this requirement, it is recommended that managers complete the StateFoodSafety.com Kentucky Food Manager Certification Training online course and test. You will then be issued a certificate of training which will demonstrate your proficiency in food safety and management.
Your inspector may also ask you some food safety questions during your inspection. You can refresh your memory by logging into this course for up to five (5) years after initial purchase to review training materials and print our free food safety resources.
Please note: The Northern Kentucky Health Department requires every retail food establishment to employ a Certified Food Safety Manager (CFSM) or district-certified food service manager who must be on duty at all times.
To fulfill this requirement:
1) Prepare for the CFSM exam by completing the StateFoodSafety.com Kentucky Food Manager Certification course and practice test.
2) Schedule and pass one of the three nationally accredited Food Protection Manager Certification Exams.
OR 3) Schedule a class and exam at the Northern Kentucky Health Department.
Food Manager Certification Training and Testing Components
Food Manager Certification Training
Food Manager Certification Testing
- High-quality interactive online training
- 100% Pass Guarantee
- Practice Tests after Each Module
- End of Course Practice Exam
- Friendy Customer Support
- Food Safety Manager Certification Exam
- Thousands of Testing Centers Nationwide
- ANSI Accredited Food Protection Manager Certification
- Certificate Mailed upon Completion
StateFoodSafety.com provides employees needing food manager certification and demonstration of knowledge with a better learning experience. The high-quality and affordable online food manager certification training course comes with a 100% Pass Guarantee provided requirements are met (Click here for more information) and prepares any person to take one of the three (3) nationally accredited food manager certification exams.
Fully Audio/Visual Learning Experience
The StateFoodSafety.com course content is presented using mixed media including on-screen text, video, illustrations, interactivity, and question-and-answer. The entire course is presented in full audio; however, learners may choose to read the narration in partnership with the audio, or read only and mute the narration. The course and test is available in full audio in all languages, with the option of text-only learning, to facilitate the needs of those with hearing loss, vision loss, limited literacy, and learning disabilities. StateFoodSafety.com also provides a printable version of the training with the purchase of each Online Food Service Worker Course for those students who prefer a hard-copy learning experience.
The Online Food Manager Training Course Learning Objectives
- Teaches safe food handling principles at a competency level necessary for management:
- Food borne illness identification
- Personal hygiene practices
- Time & temperature controls
- Cleaning & sanitizing processes
- Receiving & storing food
- Thawing, cooking, cooling & reheating food
- Builds an ongoing awareness of food hazards—objects, substances, pathogens and situations—that can potentially make food unsafe
- Enables managers to create, implement and support food safety systems
- Prepares managers to teach and train employees on fundamental behaviors, techniques and practices that keep food safe
- Develops an understanding of programs and policies that create a food safety culture
- Illustrates the contribution of facility design to food safety processes
- Provides an understanding of HACCP and the significance of critical control points
- Prepares the manager to pass one of the three nationally accredited manager certification exams or exhibit demonstration of knowledge.