Partners with Lincoln Trail District Health Department
StateFoodSafety.com is proud to provide Lincoln Trail District Health Department Person in Charge (PIC) Recertification Training. This training has been approved by the health department and meets local regulation requirements. Upon successful completion of your course and test, you will print your Lincoln Trails District Health Department Person in Charge Recertification Certificate.
Upon successful completion of your course and test, you will print a certificate of course completion.
Fully Audiovisual Learning Experience
The StateFoodSafety.com course content is presented using mixed media including on-screen text, video, illustrations, interactivity, and question-and-answer. The entire course is presented in full audio; however, learners may choose to read the narration in partnership with the audio, or read only and mute the narration. The course and test are available in full audio in English and Spanish, with the option of text-only learning, to facilitate the needs of those with hearing loss, vision loss, limited literacy, and learning disabilities.
· Teaches safe food handling principles at a competency level necessary for management:
- Foodborne illness identification
- Personal hygiene practices
- Time & temperature controls
- Cleaning & sanitizing processes
- Receiving & storing food
- Thawing, cooking, cooling & reheating food
· Builds an ongoing awareness of food hazards—objects, substances, pathogens and situations—that can potentially make food unsafe
· Enables managers to create, implement and support food safety systems
· Prepares managers to teach and train employees on fundamental behaviors, techniques and practices that keep food safe
· Develops an understanding of programs and policies that create a food safety culture
· Illustrates the contribution of facility design to food safety processes
· Provides an understanding of HACCP and the significance of critical control points
· Prepares the manager to pass one of the four nationally accredited manager certification exams or exhibit demonstration of knowledge.