Partners with Safe at the Plate
StateFoodSafety.com is pleased to provide online food handler training for Safe at the Plate in the state of California. The State of California Food Handler Course is required for California food workers and has been customized in partnership with The California Department of Public Health to meet all California food safety regulation requirements. This course is ANSI ASTM 2659 accredited (click here to see letter) and is fully compliant with SB 303.
Upon successful completion of your course and test, you will print your State of California Food Handler Card.
Please note: The California Food Handler Card is not valid in Riverside, San Bernardino, or San Diego Counties.
Fully Audio/Visual Learning Experience
The StateFoodSafety.com course content is presented using mixed media including on-screen text, video, illustrations, interactivity, and question-and-answer. The entire course is presented in full audio; however, learners may choose to read the narration in partnership with the audio, or read only and mute the narration. The course and test is available in full audio in all languages, with the option of text-only learning, to facilitate the needs of those with hearing loss, vision loss, limited literacy, and learning disabilities. StateFoodSafety.com also provides a printable version of the training with the purchase of each Online Food Service Worker Course for those students who prefer a hard-copy learning experience.
The Online Safe at the Plate Food Handler Training Course Learning Objectives
- Encourages a personal commitment to safe food handling behaviors
- Drives home the connection between food worker behavior and foodborne illness
- Increases commitment to maintaining good personal hygiene
- Teaches essential behaviors to prevent cross-contamination
- Provides understanding of time and temperature controls to promote workplace vigilance
- Encourages personal commitment to a proper response when experiencing exclusion illness symptoms
- Motivates food workers to use proper cleaning and sanitizing procedures
- Helps food workers value their role in the food safety culture