Available Online Bloodborne Pathogens for Body Artists Training Course & Assessment for the State of Maine
StateFoodSafety.com, a subsidiary of AboveTraining Inc., is committed to providing regulated training for several industries, including the body art industry, and has developed training which enables body artists to obtain a working knowledge of safe body art practices. Through this comprehensive training course, body artists will gain the knowledge to prevent bloodborne pathogen transmission through an affordable and accessible method. In this course body artists gain a clear understanding of bloodborne pathogens and practices that will protect the body artist and their clients from infection; the course is presented in a highly interactive audio/visual format in English. This combination of interactivity, imagery and sound make the training user-friendly and interesting for all viewers.
Fully Audio/Visual Learning Experience
The StatefoodSafety.com course content is presented using mixed media including on-screen text, video, illustrations, interactivity, and question-and-answer. The entire course is presented in full audio; however, learners may choose to read the narration in partnership with the audio, or read only and mute the narration. The course and test is available in full audio in English, with the option of text-only learning, to facilitate the needs of those with hearing loss, vision loss, limited literacy, and learning disabilities. StateFoodSafety.com also provides a printable version of the training with the purchase of each Online Bloodborne Pathogens for Body Artists Course for those students who prefer a hard-copy learning experience.
The Online State of Maine Bloodborne Pathogens for Body Artists Course Learning Objectives
- Encourages a personal commitment to safe body art behaviors
- Helps body artists understand the OSHA standard for preventing and managing potential and real exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- Provides body artists with a clear understanding of bloodborne pathogens and how they are spread through blood and Other Potentially Infection Materials (OPIM)
- Educates about common diseases spread through blood or OPIM, how they attack their victims and how they are treated
- Teaches essential behaviors to prevent disease transmission, including the use of personal protective equipment, hand washing, waste disposal, and sterilization
- Drives home the connection between body artist behavior and bloodborne illness
- Develops an understanding of Exposure Control Plans and what to do in case a body artist or client is exposed and how to use and create a plan